Thursday, January 1, 2009

Not off to a good start....2009


So I went to the Stake Dance last night to ring in the New Year with 250 of my favorite teenagers. So fun. I slept in this morning, and Rick even made me breakfast in bed. What a man! So far so good.
I decided that I should be taking down the Christmas decorations, so instead....this is what I always do....the instead, I cleaned the upstairs from top to bottom. I cleaned all the bathrooms, painted the touch up spots on the walls, and sealed the counter tops. Soooo good, right!
Well I was bleaching my teeth, and then needed to brush them because I was done. Took the toothbrush that was laying on the counter, thinking I had just used it, before I started bleaching my teeth, okay, you are figuring things out right about now. Yes, I totally brushed my teeth with the toothbrush that I had just used to scrub the window sill grout with bleach. I just stood there for a moment paralyzed, then I spit, spit, spit, then mouthwash, then I brushed with the right brush, then I ate something, drank something, and now I am just so grossed out. What do I do? Do I just wait....and see....? What is going to grow in my mouth? Oh, I feel like my tonsils are getting swollen, and red. Help. Those who know me, know that with every swallow, I am freaking out more and more. I can only say that at least I don't scrub the toilet with a toothbrush. I would be passed out on my bathroom floor if this was the case. However, I still would think twice before sharing a muffin with me. I'm not even sure Rick will ever kiss me again? Oh, the insanity this is causing....

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I'd be more worried about ingesting bleach than the bacteria on the toothbrush. Bleach is a strong disinfectant. Any bacteria that survived will most likely be killed by the hydrochloric acid in your stomach. Seriously, you mouth is infested with bacteria anyway. Your body's defenses are stronger than you think. I would try not to worry. At least you have a funny story to tell.

Crystal said...

YUCK!! That is sooo gross but it totally made me laugh. I hope Rick kisses you again. :)

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

oh you poor dear. of all the people for this to happen to. I can't give you a better explanation to calm you down than Lacey. But I'm sure many peasant women in the middle ages did much worse and mostly survived.

Your house and teeth must look fantastic!!